4 Films Get 7 Nods For BFCA Awards
Firefighter Jay Dimoff, of the San Bernardino County Fire Department, carries hose as his crew tries to keep fire from crossing a San Diego County road Friday, May 25, 2012, near Julian, Calif. The blaze broke out Thursday afternoon east of Julian near Banner Grade. / AP Photo/Gregory Bull
"The Queen" collected four nominations, while "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Notes on a Scandal," "Little Children" and "Charlotte's Web" garnered three each.
Leonardo DiCaprio scored two acting nominations for his work in "The Departed" and "Blood Diamond."
He'll be up against Ryan Gosling for "Half Nelson," Peter O'Toole for "Venus," Will Smith for "The Pursuit of Happyness" and Forest Whitaker for "The Last King of Scotland."
Directing nominations went to Bill Condon for "Dreamgirls," Clint Eastwood for "Letters From Iwo Jima," Stephen Frears for "The Queen," Paul Greengrass for "United 93" and Martin Scorsese for "The Departed."
The Critics' Choice Awards, presented by the Broadcast Film Critics Association, will be held Jan. 12 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. The ceremony will air Jan. 20 on E! Entertainment Television.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"