Smart Family Hires Entertainment Lawyer
Kelly Crabb, who reportedly has negotiated contracts for Paul McCartney, Dave Matthews and Muhammad Ali, was hired a week ago, said Chris Thomas, the family's spokesman.
According to his firm's Web site, Crabb's areas of practice include motion picture, television and other programming production and financing; composer agreements, personal appearances and motion picture distribution.
"These kind of contracts are very specialized," Thomas said.
Crabb received bachelor's and master's degrees from Brigham Young University before earning a law degree from Columbia University in 1984. He also worked for the Salt Lake Organizing Committee.
Elizabeth, now 15, was abducted from her bedroom on the night of June 5. On March 12, she was found in a Salt Lake suburb with her alleged kidnappers.
- Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias
- The War in Chicago
- The mind of a killer: Unraveling the lies of Jodi Arias
- Murder at Sea?
- Over the Edge
- "48 Hours Mystery:" Rodney Alcala's Killing Game
- The real story behind Miami's murderous Sun Gym gang
- Extra: Meeting Jodi Arias
- Muscle and Mayhem
- "48 Hours" Program Schedule
- Power and Passion
- Murder at Sea? The disappearance of George Smith
- Why is Jodi Arias smiling in her mugshot?
- My Dad's Killer
- The Writing on the Wall
- Extra: More victims in Alcala's photo cache?