February 11, 2009 9:31 PM
Interview With Harvey Perez
In an interview with CBS News Correspondent Jim Stewart, Harvey Perez, of Whitehall, Mont. talks about when he was in his truck and his Remington Model 700 discharged. The following is a full transcript of the interview.
Harvey Perez: " I put the safety on and slid in the truck with it pointing towards the floorboard.
Perez: "I had the binoculars and I was looking forward, a little bit at an angle, I and brought them down and it hit right here on the safety."
Perez: "The gun was laying like this and it hit on the safety and it went off and almost hit my foot, went right through the floorboard and hit the flattened the tire."
Perez: "If someone else were to have this gun, this model number and they were to do the same thing, especially if its pointed in a different direction, it might hurt someone, like Ive heard."
Perez: Id like to let everyone else know that this could happen. So, I had the safety on."
©MMI, Viacom Internet Services Inc., All Rights Reserved
Add A Comment +
Popular Now in CBS Evening News
- Nelson Mandela's health: Is it time to let go?
- Colo. senator who pushed for gun control may lose job
- 6/19: Federal Reserve raises predictions for growth; Russia not sold on nuclear warhead reduction
- Two teens stranded 8,000 feet up on cliff rescued by chopper
- Couple's steamy romance e-books save their home
- Nuclear waste clean-up delayed and billions over budget
- Innovative Ariz. class turns students' dreams into reality
- 6/18: Officials say NSA stopped over 50 potential terror attacks; Hi-tech giant creates next generation of Edisons
- Country music star Slim Whitman dies of heart failure
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Federal Reserve raises its predictions for growth and jobs
- Family of Frederick Douglass continues his legacy
- Frederick Douglass, Booker T. Washington descendent fights modern-day slavery
- American Medical Association declares obesity a disease
- In need of kidney to save wife, man takes to street
- Attack at Bagram