Last Updated Apr 16, 2009 8:02 AM EDT
- The Find: A survey of the impact of the financial crisis on women's careers indicates that many believe the turmoil in the economy will end up reinforcing the glass ceiling, at least in the UK.
- The Source: A recent survey of more than 1,000 workers in the UK financial services sector by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Nearly three-quarters believe the recession will be an opportunity for women looking to exit corporate life to make a new start.
- 45 percent believe it will lead to a shift of women into small and medium business and social enterprise careers.
- Half believe reductions in learning and development budgets now will make it more difficult for women to progress in the long term.
The Question: Will the turmoil in finance make the sector less friendly to female workers in America?
(Image of cracked glass by daviddesign, CC 2.0)