Last Updated May 13, 2010 12:23 PM EDT
Here's a gawd-awful cold-calling script that a reader just sent to me. See if you can find all the problems and errors, then click on the link below for my commentary:
- Script: "Good morning/afternoon, my name is _______ and I am with Acme Publicity Solutions. I was wondering if I could please speak with whoever is in charge of your marketing and advertising decisions."
- Instruction: If not in/busy, note contact name and make attempts to call back or find out when would be best. Make sure that you get contact name and say it.
- Script: "Good morning/afternoon ________ , my name is _______ from Acme Publicity Solutions. We offer a lot of solutions for any sort of business to increase visibility or revenue and have specialists that would work with your company to provide you with what you want and need. We're also a member of your local Chamber of Commerce (if applicable!) and like to work with other local businesses."
- Instruction: If conversation continues, mention our products/services and that we have a marketing specialist to get the most out of the market.
- Script: "If you would like I could have a specialist give you a call to flesh out the details and give you anything you need that I can't provide."
- Instruction: When done cold call go to Excel sheet and update as necessary. In contacted for all successful contacts place 'y' for all unsuccessful place 'n' in column.