THE MAINSTREAM....From the latest Washington Post poll:
- 78% think George Bush is too unwilling to change policies in Iraq.
- 55% support legislation to withdraw from Iraq by next spring.
- 55% trust congressional Democrats on the war (only 32% trust Bush).
- 62% think Congress should have the final say about when to withdraw troops.
- 49% think Democrats have done too little to get Bush to change his Iraq policy (only 17% think they've done too much).
Note to columnists: this is the mainstream of U.S. opinion. People don't like the war, don't trust Bush to prosecute it, and don't think Democrats have gone overboard in opposing it. Got that?