Last Updated Jan 29, 2011 3:22 PM EST
Racist cereal! An awesome ad for vacuums! Metrosexuals no longer exist! It all happened in January 2011 ...
- Middle East travel ad omits to mention a certain country
Oops! What's the name of that place between Palestine and the Mediterranean again?
- What's the worst ever Super Bowl ad?
Lest we forget -- a showcase of dreck from advertising's Oscars.
- Of course Rush Limbaugh's Tucson billboard has bullet holes and rifle sights on it
Maybe they're just "surveyor marks" or "direction locators."
- You know what America needs? Pajama Jeans.
Now you don't have to change your clothes when you leave the house -- if you get out of bed. You don't have to do that, either.
- A Groupon for Jews! No, really
What did you think, only the goyim get the bargains?
- Life Cereal -- for when you're eating at a Deep South lunch counter in the 1950s Art direction note: They didn't even bother changing the cereal on the spoon! (Click to enlarge image.)
- At Leo Burnett, "creativity is not an option"
Seriously, that's what the venerable ad agency's chief creative officer actually says (by accident) in this rambling, long-winded, jargon-filled promo video. Fast forward to 3:00 to hear it.
- The best vacuum cleaner ad you'll see this year
From Young & Rubicam: Who knew there was so much drama at carpet level?
- The most amazing press release ever written
"483 words of pure awesomeness."
- Euro RSCG declares "metrosexuals are dead"
Now Euro PR chief Marian Salzman -- who popularized the term -- needs to find a word to describe today's male: "chipped nails and calloused skin are now the signs of a man who can do something more useful with his hands than admire them." My suggestion: "Handymen." Oh, wait, that's already taken.
- The 10 Worst Ads of 2010
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories in November
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of October
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of September
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of August
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of July
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of June
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of May
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of April
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of March
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of February