(CBS/AP) STEUBENVILLE, Ohio - Two teenage girls are scheduled to make their first court appearance today in Steubenville for allegedly making online threats against a rape victim.
The 15- and 16-year-old girls were held in juvenile detention since their arrest last week.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said the girls posted threatening comments on Twitter on March 17, the day two high school football players were convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl last summer. The case roiled the town of Steubenville and stirred reaction from activists online.
DeWine's office said the tweets threatened homicide and bodily harm against the rape victim.
The girls are expected to enter the juvenile court equivalent of a not guilty plea Wednesday.