New Dispute in U.S.-Brazil Custody Case
Sean Goldman 9, arrives at the U.S. Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, hugging his Brazilian stepfather, Joao Paulo Lins e Silva, Dec. 24, 2009.
AP Photo/Eduardo Naddar
The grandmother of a boy brought from Brazil to his father's home in the U.S. to resolve an international abduction case is complaining that she's not allowed to see the child.
Silvana Bianchi says her grandson's human rights are being violated.
The Brazilian woman arrived in New Jersey last month with hopes of visiting 9-year-old Sean Goldman.
His father, David Goldman, brought him home
on Dec. 24 after a five-year international custody dispute. The boy's mother, who has since died, took the child to Brazil in 2004.
Goldman's lawyer says the father is willing to give the boy's maternal grandparents access to the child in time.
A judge last week denied Bianchi's request for immediate visitation.
© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.