Justin Bieber sued by photographer, claims bodyguard attack

Justin Bieber performs on stage in Berlin on March 31, 2013. AP Photo/Gero Breloer

It looks like Justin Bieber may have yet another legal setback to face.

The 19-year-old pop star is being sued by a photographer who claims to have been physically assaulted by one of Bieber's bodyguards, TMZ reports.

Professional cameraman Jeffry Binion claims Bieber instructed four of his bodyguards to assault him and take away his equipment. The alleged incident occurred on Wednesday, June 5, as Bieber was exiting the Hit Factory recording studio in Miami.

In addition to Bieber, Binion has also filed suit against bodyguard Hugo Hesny, the only one of the four alleged attackers so far to be identified.

Binion claims that Hesney and the other bodyguards stole his camera's memory card and grabbed him by the throat. Binion also alleges that Hesney displayed a gun during the alleged assault.

According to an incident report filed at the time, Miami-Dade police said they saw no indications of injury on Binion's neck or body. The camera was said to still be in working order.

Bieber has yet to publicly comment on the matter.

  • Ken Lombardi On Twitter» On Facebook»

    Ken Lombardi is an entertainment reporter for CBS News. He has interviewed over 300 celebrities, including Clint Eastwood, Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks.

Comments