A joint press conference with thecould happen as soon as tomorrow or Friday, a lawyer for one of the women said Wednesday.
Joel Bennett, the lawyer for Cain accuser Karen Kraushaar, who filed a complaint the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990s which Cain ran at the time, told CBS News he is working to convince a third woman to go public with her charges.
"As of this time, we have not heard from the other women who have stated that they were sexually harassed," Kraushaar said in a prepared statement released by Bennett.
"We are still hopeful that they will have the courage to come forward, but we completely understand if they choose not to," Kraushaar said, "anyone should be able to report allegations of sexual harassment without fear that their lives and careers will be put on public display and laid open to public scrutiny."
Kraushaar is one of the two women Politico wrote about Oct. 30, when it broke the story that at least two female employees complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain while he was head of the restaurant association in the 1990s. She had initially wanted remain anonymous but agreed to go public Tuesday after The Daily reported her name. The Associated Press last week reported that a third woman had complained about Cain's behavior.
Sharon Bialek, the fourth woman reported to have made accusations, was the first to go public whenafter a dinner in 1997 where she had sought his counsel for getting a new job after she had lost her post at an arm of the restaurant group a month earlier.
she would be open to attending a joint press conference with Kraushaar and any of the other women who chose to come forward.
as he and seven rivals debate on stage in Michigan for a debate on the economy sponsored by CNBC.