Last Updated Sep 15, 2009 11:17 AM EDT
... the amount of money spent by national advertisers on Beck's program per week was at its highest at approximately $1,060,000, for the week ending August 2, 2009. ColorOfChange.org launched their campaign at the end of that week and since then, 62 advertisers have distanced themselves from Beck. Data collected for the week ending September 6, 2009 shows Beck's estimated ad revenue at $492,000, equal to a loss of $568,000.Fox insists the advertiser money has simply shifted to other Fox shows:
The Color of Change figures are wildly inaccurate on all fronts -- revenue has not been affected in any way.Still, Beck's show now probably costs more to air every week than it makes in advertising. Here's a list of penis-pill pushers and revenue-free house ads that still run on Beck.
Gawker has an extended discussion of the above chart, which -- judging by the "anonymous" description -- came from TNS or Nielsen.
- 57 Advertisers Now Boycotting Fox's Beck; Egg Genie Stands By Its Man
- Beck Compares Obama to the Nazis; Ad Boycott List Reaches 46; Viewers at 3M
- Glenn Beck Addresses Ad Boycott: "They Can Take My Job!"; Channels Howard Beale From "Network"
- Glenn Beck Returns From Vacation; Can He End Ad Boycott This Week?
- UPDATED: Glenn Beck's Current Advertisers: Extenze and the "Egg Genie"
- UPDATED: Fox Runs House Ads to Fill Empty Slots in Glenn Beck Boycott
- Conagra, Roche, Sanofi and RadioShack Pull Ads From Fox's Beck
- Geico, Others Join Ad Boycott of Fox's Beck Over "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- P&G, Progressive Pull Ads From Glenn Beck's Fox Show After "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- Fox Axes Host in Ad Boycott Over Soccer Stadium Deaths