crimesider

Connecticut lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over Newtown school massacre

A child looks out of a bus window as it passes by St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, where the funeral of James Mattioli, 6, was taking place Dec. 18, 2012, in Newtown, Conn. AFP/Getty Images

A child looks out of a bus window as it passes by St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, where the funeral of James Mattioli, 6, was taking place Dec. 18, 2012, in Newtown, Conn.
A child looks out of a bus window Dec. 18, 2012, in Newtown, Conn.
AFP/Getty Images

(CBS/AP) HARTFORD, Conn. - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.

Pictures: Conn. elementary school shooting

Pictures: Mass shootings in 2012

The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.

Complete coverage of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre on Crimesider


  • Crimesider Staff

Comments

Follow Us