(CBS) BOSTON - Detectives seized the cell phone of Aaron Hernandez's cousin at a court hearing for the embattled former NFL star on Wednesday, ABC News reports.
The cousin, Tanya Singleton, reportedly shared a home with Hernandez associate Ernest Wallace, who is also facing charges in the June 17 murder of Boston semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.
Wallace, 41, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of being an accessory to murder after the fact.
A third man, Carlos Ortiz, 27, another Hernandez associate, has pleaded not guilty to a gun charge in connection with Lloyd's death.
On Wednesday, a judge rescheduled a probable cause hearing for the 23-year-old Hernandez in order to give prosecutors more time to present evidence to a grand jury in their murder case against him.
According to ABC News, after the hearing, a Massachusetts state trooper assigned to the Hernandez case approached Singleton in court, handed her a search warrant and seized her cell phone.
Singleton was reportedly with Hernandez's fiancée,, during the hearing. Both had no comment following the seizing of the cell phone.
Several sources reportedly told ABC News that investigators later executed a search warrant at Singleton's Bristol, Conn. address.
According to ABC News, Singleton's husband,, 33, was being sought for questioning by police investigating the murder of the 27-year-old Lloyd. Before police could question him, he died on June 30, four days after Hernandez's arrest, in a high-speed car crash into a building in Farmington, Conn.
The vehicle involved in the accident was registered to Andres Valderrama, of Bristol. Valderamma is reportedly the father of Tanya Singleton and is also the uncle of Hernandez.
Following Hernandez's June 26 arrest, police in Bristol, Hernandez's hometown, had been searching Valderamma's home in connection with the murder of Lloyd as well as a 2012 double-homicide probe, which police have said has some new life.
Warrants released Tuesday in Bristol show police found ammunition, a gun box and documents tied to Ortiz and Wallace at the home of Valderamma.
On June 28, a silver SUV reportedly matching the description of the car Boston police had been looking for in connection with the double-homicide was towed from Hernandez's uncle's home at the request of police. Court records say that the SUV had been rented in the former NFL star's name.
According to a recent report by the Boston Globe, prosecutors have begun making the case to a grand jury that Hernandez should be charged in the 2012 killings which took place in Boston's south end.
During Wednesday's court hearing, prosecutors reportedly said the motive for Lloyd's murder could center on what the victim know about Hernandez's alleged involvement in the double-homicide and they needed more time to present additional evidence to a grand jury.
Bristol County Assistant District Attorney William McCauley cited additional evidence against Hernandez Wednesday, including boxes of ammunition found at a condominium Hernandez leased and a magazine for a .45-caliber Glock in a Hummer registered to him.
Authorities say Lloyd was killed with a .45-caliber gun in an industrial park in North Attleborough, Mass., not far from Hernandez's home. He had been shot five times. Authorities have not said who fired the shots, but court documents paint the former New England Patriot as the triggerman.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and is being held without bail. His lawyers say the case against him is circumstantial and he wants to clear his name.
A probable cause hearing in the case was rescheduled for August 22.