The CBS News Early Show gave Davidson a camera, and asked him to kick off this week's Behind The Scenes series by shooting a video diary.
Here are some interesting facts about Doug that you may not know:
- He joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as Paul Williams in May 1978.
- Davidson was awarded the 1997 Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Supporting Actor and also received the magazine's award as Outstanding Hero in 1991 and 1992 for his portrayal of the charismatic private investigator.
- Other credits include host of the nighttime version of CBS's The Price is Right.
- Host of CBS's 1998 Rose Parade, and continues to serve as regular host of CBS's Coming up Roses New Year's Special.
- Co-starred in the Judith Krantz mini-series I'll Take Manhattan and The Initiation of Sarah and appeared as a guest star in the CBS series Diagnosis Murder.
- Co-starred with Paul Reiser in the feature film Mr. Write, and had supporting roles in the films Don't Stop Now, and Fraternity Row.
- Davidson was the master of ceremonies for the Miss California Pageant and hosted the Kenny Rogers Cerebral Palsy Telethon.
- Contributes much of his time to various charities, including the YMCA. He and his wife, actress Cindy Fisher, have teamed up to serve as National Honorary Chairpersons for WE-TIP, a non-profit anonymous tip line that aids in crime prevention.
- He and his wife have two children, Calyssa and Caden.
- Hobbies include traveling, camping and playing the bagpipes.
- His birth date is October 24. He stands 6 feet tall and has blonde hair and blue eyes.
©2000 CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved