"Cheers" cast reunites 30 years after premiere
(CBS News) The cast of "Cheers" got together this past weekend in Beverly Hills for an anniversary dinner, 30 years after the series went on the air on Sept. 30, 1982 on NBC.
"Cheers" ended after 11 seasons. Forty million viewers tuned in for the final episode in 1993. And, it seems everybody still knows their names: Sam, played by Ted Danson, Diane (Shelley Long), Rebecca (Kirstie Alley), Lilith (Bebe Neuwirth), Cliff (John Ratzenberger), Carla (Rhea Perlman), and, of course, Norm (George Wendt).Pictures: "Cheers" reunion: What are they doing now?
Over its long run, the show earned 28 Emmys, four of them for Best Comedy. By the end of its run, an amazing 26 million viewers were still tuning in.
Ted Danson told "Entertainment Tonight" at the reunion, "It's bizarre to be together, and totally natural at the same time. (It's) right where we left off."
Watch Nancy O'Dell's "Entertainment Tonight" report, featured on "CBS This Morning," in the video above.
You can watch more from the reunion on "Entertainment Tonight" this week. Check your local listings.
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- BASE jumper rides snowmobile off cliff to honor dead friend
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Former POWs reunite after 40 years
- Liberace talks his style in 1985 "Nightwatch" interview
- Calif. pols push for law to make reckless pay price of rescue
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- London attack novel in its simple brutality
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Schieffer: You can't just declare war on terror over
- Eye Opener: Bridge collapse makes for holiday travel mess
- Extra: Okla. dog owner and dog Bowser reunited