Kenny Rogers: Why Dolly Parton and I didn't have sex
(CBS News) Kenny Rogers, when asked about years of speculation about a sexual relationship with his "Islands in the Stream" duet partner and longtime friend Dolly Parton, said he would have ruined his friendship with the country music star had the two had sex.
"She's too good of a friend. It would have ruined a friendship," Rogers said Thursday on "CBS This Morning." "We had a real chemistry and love people talking about it. It was great to hear people talking about it and (she'd wink) and I would wink back. But we were too good of friends."
Rogers said when his producer called Parton to team up on the song together she marched into his studio and, he said, his life "has never been the same."
In his new memoir, "Luck or Something Like It," Rogers also discusses the much-discussed plastic surgery on his eyes. Asked why he did it, he said, "I had the money and time off. It's one of those things that I think -- you look at yourself, 'Could I be better if I did this or I did that.' I did it and the guy who did it was one of the world's best. But he just had this concept that the edge of your eye had to be higher at a certain place. I regret that. But the truth is I don't know what I would have looked like if I hadn't done it. I could be all down here. And so, you do it and you live with it."
For more with Rogers, including his marriage and parenting twins at age 74, watch the video in the player above.
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Regis Philbin on Weiner: "He's got a lot of guts...and chest"
- Eye Opener: WH confirms 4 Americans killed in drone attacks
- Gold prices plummet: What does it mean?
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- High-tech, high fitness: Can gadgets enhance your workout?