Sharon Osbourne sounds off on NBC, son's MS
"The Talk" co-host Sharon Osbourne didn't mince words on "CBS This Morning" as she spoke about her decision to leave NBC's "America's Got Talent" after her son Jack was dropped from an NBC reality TV show.
Jack Osbourne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in June. Sharon Osbourne says the network discriminated against her son.
Sharon Osbourne said on "CTM," "I'm going to be 60 in October. So I'm at the age where I really want to work with people who I want to. And I felt that the network were not gracious. They handled the situation horribly. They've been backtracking, they've been not gracious with me at all."
NBC has defended itself against her claims. In a statement, NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said the network "does not discriminate on any basis."
Sharon Osbourne said she hates that she's leaving the show, but added, "I love my principles and my son more."
She said, "I would be a hypocrite if I went, 'Hi guys, how are you doing today?' I'm not that person. They don't like me, and I don't like them."
But Sharon Osbourne said she is still on the air. "Oh, they're stuck with me until next week. They don't want to be, believe me. But I'm going to turn up, and I'm going to do my final (show) and then I'm going to say 'bye.'"
Asked how her 26-year-old son is doing since his diagnosis, Sharon Osbourne said he's "taking care of his health, his diet. That's a huge part of keeping himself well. You have to take care of your immune system... and he's dealing with it, mind, body and spirit. He looks at it that way. He takes care of all of himself."
Jack Osbourne is a new father and Sharon Osbourne, a new grandmother. Sharon Osbourne called the birth of her granddaughter, Pearl Clementine, "a gift from God." She said, "I love the fact that our family is getting bigger, there's more of us. ... It's a gift."
For more with Sharon Osbourne, watch her "CTM" appearance in the video above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- WikiLeaks' Assange opens up to Rolling Stone
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Black bears battle on suburban front lawn
- "Hidden" mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut
- Ranting airline passenger: "They want to silence me"