Woody Harrelson: "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" to begin filming in September
(CBS News) Woody Harrelson said filming will begin next month on the second film in the wildly successful franchise, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
Harrelson plays Haymitch Abernathy, a middle-aged drunkard who formerly won the Hunger Games and is a mentor for the competitors from the downtrodden District 12 in a post-apocalyptic America.
Monday on "CBS This Morning," Harrelson said the film will be shot in Atlanta, and in Hawaii. "The part I'm not in is going to be shot in Hawaii, which happens to be where I live. It's one of life's ironies."
Harrelson also discussed his latest project, an off-Broadway comedy called "Bullet for Adolf,"which he co-wrote and directed. He also talked about marijuana and his freewheeling parenting style. For all that and more, watch his full "CTM" interview in the video above.
- Did British intel try to recruit London attack suspect?
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- THE Dish: Chef Sara Moulton's DET burgers
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- The rise and fall of the classic station wagon
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- The Dish: Delicious "welcome to summer" burgers
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- Okla. rescue brings dogs back to their owners
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- Kids invent helmet to stop concussions
- British intelligence tried to recruit London killer, friend says
- Madeleine Peyroux sings "Changing All Those Changes"
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"