Woody Harrelson: "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" to begin filming in September
(CBS News) Woody Harrelson said filming will begin next month on the second film in the wildly successful franchise, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
Harrelson plays Haymitch Abernathy, a middle-aged drunkard who formerly won the Hunger Games and is a mentor for the competitors from the downtrodden District 12 in a post-apocalyptic America.
Monday on "CBS This Morning," Harrelson said the film will be shot in Atlanta, and in Hawaii. "The part I'm not in is going to be shot in Hawaii, which happens to be where I live. It's one of life's ironies."
Harrelson also discussed his latest project, an off-Broadway comedy called "Bullet for Adolf,"which he co-wrote and directed. He also talked about marijuana and his freewheeling parenting style. For all that and more, watch his full "CTM" interview in the video above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- WikiLeaks' Assange opens up to Rolling Stone
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- "Hidden" mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups