Will Ferrell: "Anchorman," "Campaign" characters similar
(CBS News) Will Ferrell is perhaps best known for his bold, brash character Ron Burgundy in the 2004 movie "Anchorman."
In his new movie "The Campaign," Ferrell plays Cam Brady, a North Carolina politician with vice presidential aspirations. Friday on "CBS This Morning," Ferrell pointed to the similarities between Brady and Burgundy: both know how to give a great speech.
"(Cam Brady,) for the most part, doesn't know what he's talking about, which is very similar to Mr. Ron Burgundy," Ferrell said. "He's a master of looking like he knew what he was talking about."
Ferrell said the movie is first and foremost a funny movie, but said it does have a little point-of-view included about American politics. "There's been so much material in politics over the last couple of years that we were able to obviously have fun with that," Ferrell said. "At the same time, we're kind of pointing out just all the money that's flooding into these campaigns at unprecedented levels."
Ferrell stars opposite Zach Galifianakis, a rival North Carolina politician, in the film.
For more with Ferrell on how he teamed up with Galifianakis, discussion about political comedy, his own political views, and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Naval Academy student speaks out on alleged rape
- Arson possible cause of destructive Colo. wildfire
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets
- Report of U.S. spying on Russia beats Obama to G8
- Wounded warriors hold softball camp for children
- Study: Sleep apnea affects sudden cardiac arrest risk
- Amphibious bus filled with tourists sinks
- Grower: World's hottest pepper may be the answer to cancer
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Whitey Bulger's neighbor says alleged killer forgave him for turning him in
- Pope Francis blesses Harleys and their riders
- Women recall their astronaut wives club
- Sen. Durbin calls to "narrow" information gathering by NSA