Dress rental exec: Facebook part of success
(CBS News) The rise of social media is one of the reasons why women are renting dresses, according to an online clothing rental firm executive.
"People are renting statement dresses, one shoulder, hot pink, that they're only going to wear once, have everyone give them tons of compliments and then they don't need to wear it again," Rent the Dress co-founder Jennifer Fleiss said Tuesday on "CBS This Morning." "And especially with things like Facebook, where everyone really is their own celebrity these days, women constantly need new things."
After less than three years in business, her business Rent the Runway has 2.5 million members, and offers 150 top designers' dresses and accessories.
Fleiss, a Yale and Harvard graduate, discussed what her company offers and how she and her co-founder Jennifer Hyman make the business work. Watch all that and more in the video above.
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Mobster opens up on coming forward about Jimmy Hoffa
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Consumer Reports reveals rankings for mobile devices
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Top mobile devices, according to Consumer Reports
- Fodor's reveals best summer weekend getaways
- WikiLeaks' Assange opens up to Rolling Stone