Justin Bieber wanted for questioning in scuffle
NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 27: Singer Justin Bieber attends the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival at the NYU Paulson Auditorium on April 27, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images) (Jemal Countess)
(AP) Justin Bieber is wanted for questioning by Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators after a photographer complained of being roughed up by the pop star at a shopping center.
Sheriff's Lt. Robert Wiard says the photographer called 911 on Sunday and complained of pain to his chest. Wiard said the scuffle happened when the photographer tried to snap pictures of Bieber and his girlfriend, teen actress Selena Gomez, after they walked out of a theater at The Commons at Calabasas.
Wiard says the photographer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.
He says Bieber and Gomez left before deputies arrived, so investigators want to talk to him to get his side of the story.
A call to Bieber's publicist was not immediately returned late Sunday.
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Coach's quick call saves Moore football team
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Pregnant teacher used body to shield kids from tornado
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm
- Spirit Airlines puts low cost over comfort
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue