Justin Bieber wanted for questioning in scuffle
NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 27: Singer Justin Bieber attends the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival at the NYU Paulson Auditorium on April 27, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images) (Jemal Countess)
(AP) Justin Bieber is wanted for questioning by Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators after a photographer complained of being roughed up by the pop star at a shopping center.
Sheriff's Lt. Robert Wiard says the photographer called 911 on Sunday and complained of pain to his chest. Wiard said the scuffle happened when the photographer tried to snap pictures of Bieber and his girlfriend, teen actress Selena Gomez, after they walked out of a theater at The Commons at Calabasas.
Wiard says the photographer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.
He says Bieber and Gomez left before deputies arrived, so investigators want to talk to him to get his side of the story.
A call to Bieber's publicist was not immediately returned late Sunday.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- WikiLeaks' Assange opens up to Rolling Stone
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- "Hidden" mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups