Goldie Hawn talks Kurt Russell, marriage
(CBS News) Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together for 29 years, but marriage doesn't appear to be in the couple's plan.
"The question is, 'Why (get married)?' it's not, 'Why not?'" Hawn said Wednesday on "CBS This Morning." "We're in love. I wake up every morning. I love being with him. He brings me coffee. I give him a kiss. It's 'good morning.' We love each other. We fight the way people are supposed to fight. We love our lives together."
She added, "Marriage is a thing."
Hawn also credited Russell for being an "amazing father and incredible counterpart." She said, "I think we did great stuff together."
The pair were co-stars in the romantic 1987 movie "Overboard."
Hawn also discussed her recently released book called, "10 Mindful Minutes," that includes lessons, tools and techniques developed for a successful school program called MindUP developed by her nonprofit Hawn Foundation.
For more with Hawn on her work, her life with Russell and her family - including her famous daughter Kate Hudson, watch the video in the player above.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- THE DISH: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Group: Small SUV study highlights safety flaws
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Second Cup Cafe: Amy Grant
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case