Pitt worked on Jolie engagement ring for a year
(CBS News) The couple known by many simply as "Brangelina" - Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - are engaged after seven years together. Pitt's manager confirmed the couple is officially engaged, after a ring was spotted on Jolie's finger at a recent engagement in Los Angeles.
Guthrie said, "We knew that she had worked with a jeweler before on a collection. And he confirmed it. And then Brad's manager confirmed it. So, there we are."
Pitt worked on the tablet-cut ring with jeweler Robert Procop for more than a year, Guthrie said.
Pitt gave a hint about engagement plans to Lee Cowan in January when he sat down for an interview on "CBS Sunday Morning." Pitt said, "We're getting a lot of pressure from the kids. It means something to them. ... They have questions when their friends' parents are married and (ask) 'Why is that?'"
When asked what Pitt tells his kids, the celebrity replied, "'We will someday. We will. That's a great idea.' (My kids say,) 'Get Mommy a ring,' (I say), 'OK, I will. I will'"
For more with Guthrie on the Pitt engagement, wedding plans and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Naval Academy student speaks out on alleged rape
- Arson possible cause of destructive Colo. wildfire
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets
- Wounded warriors hold softball camp for children
- Report of U.S. spying on Russia beats Obama to G8
- Study: Sleep apnea affects sudden cardiac arrest risk
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- Amphibious bus filled with tourists sinks
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Grower: World's hottest pepper may be the answer to cancer
- Whitey Bulger's neighbor says alleged killer forgave him for turning him in
- Women recall their astronaut wives club
- Pope Francis blesses Harleys and their riders
- Sen. Durbin calls to "narrow" information gathering by NSA