Oprah loves Obama, but won't be on campaign trail
(CBS News) Oprah Winfrey said she's "100 percent behind" President Barack Obama, but won't be out in support of the president in the months ahead because she's working on the difficulties facing her Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN.)
Oprah Winfrey talks OWN difficulties
Oprah talks about interviewing S.C. killer mom
Oprah: "Not a better human" than Gayle King
Oprah on "CBS This Morning: Part 1: Oprah Winfrey on new life, OWN cable network
Oprah on "CBS This Morning: Part 2: Oprah Winfrey on love, friendship and philanthropy
"No, I'm not going to be out there," she said Tuesday on "CBS This Morning. "...I actually love our president, and have the utmost respect for him and that office and what it takes to be there. I will not be out because I'm trying to fix a network."
Winfrey backed Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign in her first-ever political endorsement.
Oprah: Obama will win re-election
"60 Minutes" video: Oprah Winfrey's 1986 interview
Pictures: Oprah Winfrey
Pictures: Oprah Winfrey's "Farewell Spectacular"
Fans gather for final taping of Winfrey's show
Oprah's Greatest TV Moments
In January, Winfrey said that she's confident Obama will win another four-year term in this year's election. The talk show host was addressing a literary festival in the northwestern Indian town of Jaipur. Winfrey praised Obama's handling of the presidency. She said his next four years would be even more successful, with people able to get back to work.
For more with Oprah on "CBS This Morning," watch the video in the player above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Hitman John Martorano "highly credible" in Bulger trial, expert says
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Worst Colo. wildfire in history: Is it arson?
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Hitman Martorano "ice cold" at Bulger trial
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Wounded warriors hold softball camp for children