Manning's move leaves Tebow in limbo
One mystery is just about over, but another is just beginning.
Peyton Manning's agents are negotiating a deal with his team of choice: the Denver Broncos.
But that seems to crowd out fan sensation and fellow quarterback Tim Tebow.
On "CBS This Morning" Tuesday, CBS News correspondent Armen Keteyian said the big "X factor" that lured Manning to Denver was the presence of fellow all-time great QB John Elway in the Broncos' front office.
"John's a legend," Keteyian said. "A Hall of Fame quarterback in his own right. He knows what it's like to play in Denver. And there's this sort of simpatico relationship they have.
"From the outside looking in, (Manning opting for Denver) was a bit of a surprise, but the one thing I learned from covering the NFL for eight years with Peyton (as a player) is that he is the master of small detail. And he saw something in Denver, whatever it was, a number of things, that put it over the top."
Tebow, though, is expected to be traded, Keteyian says, adding, "He led the team to the playoffs last year, the first time in a long time. Five amazing fourth quarter comebacks for the team. But, you know, there's not room for two (quarterbacks) there."
Could Tebow still have a future in Denver?
"Peyton -- he's the man," Keteyian says. "They don't need that kind of aggravation in Denver right now. There's certainly a contingent of people who love Tim Tebow across the country and in Denver. Jacksonville is a possibility, for sure. I know Bill Belichick has had interest early on in drafting Tebow. He has a quarterback (superstar Tom Brady). But, you know Bill. He finds a way to use personnel."
To see the entire Keteyian interview, click on the video in the player above.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- John Fogerty: CCR reunion a possibility
- Self-published Colleen Hoover talks living the American dream
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- School children among Okla. tornado casualties
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- X Games star invents game-changing prosthetic joints
- Eye Opener: Record-breaking tornado devastates Okla.
- Midwest tornado: 51 people dead, including 20 kids
- The Doors drummer talks Jim Morrison's legacy
- Accused American spy in Russia: What was he really doing there?
- Canadian jazz singer botches U.S. national anthem
- Hot air balloon accident kills tourist in Turkey
- Hobson: Yahoo buys itself some "cool" with Tumblr deal