Prince Harry puts on dancing shoes in Jamaica
(CBS News) Prince Harry danced with young people in his blue - and, quite possibly, suede shoes - at a charity designed to support inner-city youth in Jamaica Tuesday.
At the photo-op appearance, the prince was pulled to the dance floor for a turn with a young performer who was part of the group.
Prince Harry's tour is to help celebrate his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II's 60 years on the throne. Each of the prince's stops have been in commonwealth countries, former British colonies that share a continued allegiance to the crown.
In Jamaica, where the queen is head of state, some have questioned whether they need Great Britain at all. At least this week, that's turned a prince into chief diplomat.Pictures: Prince Harry kicks off Diamond Jubilee tour
Pictures: Prince Harry
Just two months before the prince's visit, Jamaica's Prime Minister Portia Simpson said the nation should break from England. "We will initiate the process of our detachment from the monarchy," she said in January. But when Prince Harry met Simpson Tuesday for a private lunch, they had a very public hug.
The prince also caught up with Olympic gold sprinter Usain Bolt on his tour of the Caribbean this week. The royal was dressed down when he met the sports star and mimicked his signature "lightning bolt" pose at a Kingston, Jamaica, athletic track.
The 27-year-old prince also "competed" with Bolt in a mock race. Bolt, the world's fastest man, proved to be the prince in that situation, letting Harry win.
For Seth Doane's full report on Prince Harry's tour of the Caribbean, watch the video in the player above.
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Calif. pols push for law to make reckless pay price of rescue
- Former POWs reunite after 40 years
- BASE jumper rides snowmobile off cliff to honor dead friend
- Liberace talks his style in 1985 "Nightwatch" interview
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- London attack novel in its simple brutality
- Eye Opener: Bridge collapse makes for holiday travel mess
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Extra: Okla. dog owner and dog Bowser reunited
- Tornado survivor, dog receive outpouring of support