Collins: Single women need a gay best friend
Nobody writes about glitz and glamour like Jackie Collins. The 74-year-old author with 28 books under her belt has sold more than 400 million copies of her books worldwide.
Collins' latest novel, "Goddess of Vengeance," is a New York Times best-seller, and has recently been released in paperback.Sunday Morning: Jackie Collins profile
Describing her love life, the "happily single" writer told "CBS This Morning co-hosts Gayle King and Erica Hill that she has a man for all seasons.
"You have guys that like to do special things because you never find that one guy that wants to do everything," Collins said. "You have one guy who loves movies, another guy who likes to go to the theater, another who wants to travel, one for sex, whatever."
She added every single woman has to also have a gay best friend. "That is the most important thing in a single woman's life. You can go everywhere with them," she said. "They can become everything for you when you want them to. It's great."
For more with Collins, including how she gets inspiration for her characters and what stories she avoids writing, watch the video in the player above.
- School children among Okla. tornado casualties
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue
- Oklahoma tornadoes: Is 2013 worse than 1999?
- Elementary schools packed with kids sat in tornado's path
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm
- Mother on reunion with son: I'm amazed he's alive
- Photographer on tornado: By far the most destructive
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Tornado aftermath: "It's raining pieces of houses"
- Moore mayor: Six neighborhoods now "nothing but slabs"
- Search for victims focused at Plaza Towers Elementary School
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- Tornado cleanup massive, overwhelming
- Midwest tornado: Death toll at 24, including children
- Oklahoma gov: "Incredible" if anybody survives in collapsed buildings