Osteen: Romney "believer in Christ, like me"
Pastor Joel Osteen, one of America's most popular religious figures, said on "CBS This Morning" that GOP candidate Mitt Romney believes in Jesus like he does.
"What I see about Governor Romney is that he says, 'I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, he's raised from the dead and he's my savior.' I see him as being a believer in Christ, like me."
Charlie Rose said, "That's enough for you?"
"That's enough for me," Osteen said. "There's differences in all religion. I realize Mormonism is different from Christianity, but you know what, he's a man of faith and values. And to me, that's strong."
To watch the video of this portion of the "CBS This Morning" interview with Osteen, click on the video below.
For the full interview with Osteen and his wife, Victoria Osteen, click on the video in the player above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Hitman John Martorano "highly credible" in Bulger trial, expert says
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Worst Colo. wildfire in history: Is it arson?
- Hitman Martorano "ice cold" at Bulger trial
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets