John McCain on "CTM" Wed.
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., watches during a news conference on Capitol Hill Feb. 2, 2012, in Washington. (Getty Images)
(CBS News) Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., will appear on "CBS This Morning" Wednesday.
McCain is the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee and ran as the Republican presidential candidate against Barack Obama in the 2008 election. Recently, McCain has made headlines speaking out about what he called the "incompetence" of the Obama administration in dealing with the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Specifically, he called out administration officials for "gross, gross, outrageous statements" made in the days after the attack. In an interview addressing the event on CBS News' "Face the Nation," McCain called it "either a cover-up or the worst kind of incompetence."
Wednesday, as the Congressional hearings to determine what occurred in the Benghazi attacks convene for a third day, Senator McCain will speak with "CTM" co-hosts about the Benghazi fallout, the election, and the scandal currently unfolding around ex-CIA Director David Petraeus.
Be sure to tune in for his full interview, at 7-9 a.m. ET.
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Coach's quick call saves Moore football team
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Pregnant teacher used body to shield kids from tornado
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm
- Spirit Airlines puts low cost over comfort
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue