Watch: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie lashes out at reporter
(CBS News) New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie lashed out on Saturday, calling a reporter an "idiot" for asking a question at a press conference.Gov. Christie calls reporter "idiot" at press conference
The insult came after the governor's press aides said that he would only take questions about a water emergency.
The reporter asked Christie about the special joint session of the legislature that he's called for Monday. Christie replied with a question of his own: "Did I say on topic?" Christie continued, "Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question. Thank you all very much and I'm sorry for the idiot over there."
The reporter tried again but Christie cut him off before walking away.
Watch a portion of the exchange in the video above.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- THE DISH: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Predicting weather: National Weather Service gets a boost
- Second Cup Cafe: Amy Grant