Watch: N.J. Gov. Chris Christie lashes out at reporter
(CBS News) New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie lashed out on Saturday, calling a reporter an "idiot" for asking a question at a press conference.Gov. Christie calls reporter "idiot" at press conference
The insult came after the governor's press aides said that he would only take questions about a water emergency.
The reporter asked Christie about the special joint session of the legislature that he's called for Monday. Christie replied with a question of his own: "Did I say on topic?" Christie continued, "Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question. Thank you all very much and I'm sorry for the idiot over there."
The reporter tried again but Christie cut him off before walking away.
Watch a portion of the exchange in the video above.
- School children among Okla. tornado casualties
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue
- Elementary schools packed with kids sat in tornado's path
- Oklahoma tornadoes: Is 2013 worse than 1999?
- Mother on reunion with son: I'm amazed he's alive
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Photographer on tornado: By far the most destructive
- Tornado aftermath: "It's raining pieces of houses"
- Search for victims focused at Plaza Towers Elementary School
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Tornado cleanup massive, overwhelming
- Oklahoma gov: "Incredible" if anybody survives in collapsed buildings
- John Fogerty: CCR reunion a possibility
- Midwest tornado: Death toll at 24, including children
- Athlete-amputee becomes artificial limb inventor
- Eye Opener: Record-breaking tornado devastates Okla.