Watch: Ill. lawmaker loses cool over pension bill
(CBS News) Things got a little loud in the Illinois State Legislature Tuesday.
Republican Rep. Mike Bost lost his cool as lawmakers were debating a controversial pension reform bill.
Waving his fists in the air and throwing paper in the air, Bost screamed, "Total power in one person's hands? That is not the American way. ... I got to try to figure out how to vote for my people. ... You should be ashamed of yourselves."
The bill Bost was debating would keep the retirement age at 65, but require state employees and current retirees to make a choice. Retirees can pick a retirement plan with smaller cost of living increases and be guaranteed health insurance, or they can forgo that insurance and keep their current three percent annual raises.
Watch Bost's tirade in the video above.
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Coach's quick call saves Moore football team
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Orlando shootout tied to Boston bomb suspect
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Pregnant teacher used body to shield kids from tornado
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Why can't Oklahoma residents build tornado shelters?
- Moore tornado: Sights and sounds of disaster, rescue
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm