Jonah Hill: I owe Charlie Rose for Oscar nod
Jonah Hill threw a curveball at his fans, taking the role as Brad Pitt's sidekick in "Moneyball."
Fans knew him best for a series of blockbuster comedies, from "Knocked Up," to "Superbad" to "Get Him to the Greek."
But "Moneyball" has been good for Jonah Hill. He is now an Oscar nominee for best supporting actor.
But could Charlie Rose actually be responsible for Hill's recognition?
Gayle King remarked during Hill's interview on "CBS This Morning" that, "When Jonah sat down, you said you may owe your Oscar nomination to Charlie Rose. I said, 'This Charlie Rose?'"
"I didn't say 'may,' I said, 'I do,"' Hill replied. "Brad Pitt and myself and the filmmaker of 'Moneyball' went on Charlie's (PBS) show. ... And we had an amazing time, and it was the most feedback I have ever gotten from an appearance of any sort from people that I really respected in the film community. ... So it was an honor; I think it really did contribute massively to Brad and the film."
King said, "So if you win, you can say, 'I'd like to thank Charlie Rose. Charlie Rose and my mom.'"
"I'll thank him," Hill said. "When Christopher Plummer wins, I'll run up and thank Charlie anyway."
"I double dare you do that," King quipped.
For more with Hill on the "Moneyball" role and his Oscar nomination and what it means, watch the full interview video in the player above.
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Eye Opener: WH confirms 4 Americans killed in drone attacks
- Regis Philbin on Weiner: "He's got a lot of guts...and chest"
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- Gold prices plummet: What does it mean?
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines