Oprah not Blue Ivy's godmother: Gayle King
"CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King, Oprah Winfrey's friend, denied internet buzz that Winfrey is the godmother of Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy.
"It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away."
King added, "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
Blue Ivy was born on Saturday, January 7, 2012.
To see King's denial of the reports, click on the video above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Hitman John Martorano "highly credible" in Bulger trial, expert says
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Worst Colo. wildfire in history: Is it arson?
- Hitman Martorano "ice cold" at Bulger trial
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets