Oprah not Blue Ivy's godmother: Gayle King
"CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King, Oprah Winfrey's friend, denied internet buzz that Winfrey is the godmother of Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy.
"It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away."
King added, "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
Blue Ivy was born on Saturday, January 7, 2012.
To see King's denial of the reports, click on the video above.
- Did British intel try to recruit London attack suspect?
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- THE Dish: Chef Sara Moulton's DET burgers
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- The Dish: Delicious "welcome to summer" burgers
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- The rise and fall of the classic station wagon
- British intelligence tried to recruit London killer, friend says
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Bowser and Barbara: Dog owner's joy amid Okla. rubble
- Army troops under sexual misconduct investigation