Marg Helgenberger on why she's leaving "CSI"
Marg Helgenberger has been collecting fingerprints and other evidence on "CSI" since the hit CBS series began back in 2000. But next week her character, crime scene investigator Catherine Willows, is turning in her badge.
Why is Helgenberger leaving the highly successful franchise?
On "CBS This Morning," the actress said, "I felt the need to kind of step back, because I had been playing this character for 11 and a half years, to reassess and regroup and I'm -- as scary as that is -- I'm also very excited about the great wide open, the future and all the possibilities."
For more on her decision to end the role and what's she's looking to do next, check out the video in the player above.
- Hobson: Yahoo buys itself some "cool" with Tumblr deal
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Accused American spy in Russia: What was he really doing there?
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Eye Opener: Tornadoes tear through 5 states
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- X Games star invents game-changing prosthetic joints
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- One-pilot airplanes: The future of aviation?
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- Okla. hardest hit by deadly storm system