"Dragon Tattoo" star on rape, revenge scenes
The role of Lisbeth Salander in the "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was difficult to play at certain points, Rooney Mara said on "CBS This Morning."
Mara told Gayle King and Charlie Rose that filming the movie's rape scene, in particular, was "disturbing."
Mara revealed that the filming of the rape sequences were completed during an entire week of shooting.
"It was a really hard week," she said. "We shot all of the scenes, when I get raped and the revenge scene. We shot them all back-to-back."
- Rooney Mara on "Tattoo" Lisbeth Salander role
- Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara talk "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
- Pictures: Rooney Mara
- "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" premiere
- Pictures: Daniel Craig
King remarked, "Can I say the theater was applauding at the revenge scene?"
"I don't know if that's the correct response," Mara said.
"I know it wasn't," King said. "But we were applauding."
"We started shooting that scene on Valentine's Day," Mara said. "It was a hard scene to shoot."
Watch the clip below.
For more from Mara on "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," check out the full interview here.
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Coach's quick call saves Moore football team
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- One-pilot flights: Revolutionary or "ludicrous?"
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm
- Jodi Arias reveals plans for prison
- Couple hiding in bathtub saved by Okla. first responders
- Doctor: Cancer test cost outrageous because of monopoly
- Pregnant teacher used body to shield kids from tornado