GOP voters see party as "grumpy old men," Dickerson says
"The top of this report is all about the big problem in the Republican party," CBS News political director John Dickerson said about the GOP's inability to reach out to minorities and women.
The report includes feedback from focus groups with Republican voters who view their party as "scary, narrow minded, out-of-touch grumpy old men."
Dickerson added that the reform deals mainly with Republican's communication problems but does hint at some policy changes.
"The Republican party has to support comprehensive immigration reform ... that's the absolute first hurdle," Dickerson said, adding that the report also acknowledged that "civil rights is the number one issue" for young voters, but "pulls back" from addressing any policy changes to the party stance on gay marriage.
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Naval Academy student speaks out on alleged rape
- Arson possible cause of destructive Colo. wildfire
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets
- Wounded warriors hold softball camp for children
- Report of U.S. spying on Russia beats Obama to G8
- Study: Sleep apnea affects sudden cardiac arrest risk
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- Amphibious bus filled with tourists sinks
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Grower: World's hottest pepper may be the answer to cancer
- Whitey Bulger's neighbor says alleged killer forgave him for turning him in
- Women recall their astronaut wives club
- Pope Francis blesses Harleys and their riders
- Sen. Durbin calls to "narrow" information gathering by NSA