Taco Bell CEO: Cool Ranch tacos on the way
(CBS News) Greg Creed, chief executive officer of Taco Bell, announced on "CBS This Morning" that Cool Ranch tacos are on the way.
"We've got Cool Ranch. That's coming," he said. "That's my tease."
Taco Bell made headlines last year for introducing tacos with a Doritos shell for its 50th anniversary. Cool Ranch is a flavor of Doritos, so it would appear the brand is taking the partnership with longstanding partner Frito-Lay even further.
Creed said on "CBS This Morning," "We started working with Frito-Lay a number of years ago. For our 50th anniversary, we wanted to celebrate the taco. And you know, there had been no innovation in tacos. So we sat down with Frito-Lay, they obviously own Doritos, they're our great partners. Two years later, we launched the Doritos Locos Taco, which ... is the biggest launch in Taco Bell."
For more with Creed on the successful chain, a new Super Bowl ad and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Watch: Military Dad's emotional homecoming at home plate
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- It's OK to be "pissed at God," reverend says
- Pres. asks Marines to break military umbrella rule
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Can Obama administration move beyond scandals?
- O.J. Simpson likely to get a new trial?
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"