Taco Bell CEO: Cool Ranch tacos on the way
(CBS News) Greg Creed, chief executive officer of Taco Bell, announced on "CBS This Morning" that Cool Ranch tacos are on the way.
"We've got Cool Ranch. That's coming," he said. "That's my tease."
Taco Bell made headlines last year for introducing tacos with a Doritos shell for its 50th anniversary. Cool Ranch is a flavor of Doritos, so it would appear the brand is taking the partnership with longstanding partner Frito-Lay even further.
Creed said on "CBS This Morning," "We started working with Frito-Lay a number of years ago. For our 50th anniversary, we wanted to celebrate the taco. And you know, there had been no innovation in tacos. So we sat down with Frito-Lay, they obviously own Doritos, they're our great partners. Two years later, we launched the Doritos Locos Taco, which ... is the biggest launch in Taco Bell."
For more with Creed on the successful chain, a new Super Bowl ad and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- Boston bombing suspect's friend killed in FBI shootout
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- Stories of survival: Second-grader recounts tornado
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Spirit Airlines CEO on bad ratings, high occupancy
- Carey: Why I changed my mind about "Price is Right"
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Eye Opener: WH confirms 4 Americans killed in drone attacks
- Coach's quick call saves Moore football team
- Spirit Airlines CEO: We're the McDonald's of airlines
- Watch: Rare Vietnam War tapes unearthed
- Deadly second act: 1999 Moore tornado vs. 2013 storm