Taco Bell CEO: Cool Ranch tacos on the way
(CBS News) Greg Creed, chief executive officer of Taco Bell, announced on "CBS This Morning" that Cool Ranch tacos are on the way.
"We've got Cool Ranch. That's coming," he said. "That's my tease."
Taco Bell made headlines last year for introducing tacos with a Doritos shell for its 50th anniversary. Cool Ranch is a flavor of Doritos, so it would appear the brand is taking the partnership with longstanding partner Frito-Lay even further.
Creed said on "CBS This Morning," "We started working with Frito-Lay a number of years ago. For our 50th anniversary, we wanted to celebrate the taco. And you know, there had been no innovation in tacos. So we sat down with Frito-Lay, they obviously own Doritos, they're our great partners. Two years later, we launched the Doritos Locos Taco, which ... is the biggest launch in Taco Bell."
For more with Creed on the successful chain, a new Super Bowl ad and more, watch the video in the player above.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Angelina Jolie "very grateful" for support after double mastectomy
- WikiLeaks' Assange opens up to Rolling Stone
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- "Hidden" mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Eye Opener: Four Americans killed in Afghanistan
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Black bears battle on suburban front lawn