T.D. Jakes: About the author
T.D. Jakes (T.D. Jakes)
T.D. Jakes is the author of "Let It Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven," the second selection for CBS This Morning Reads.
He is the founder and senior pastor of the 30,000-member, Dallas-based church, The Potter's House. Jakes has been dubbed "America's Best Preacher," by Time magazine and his show, "The Potter's Touch," reaches 67 million households per month. He has won a Grammy Award, several NAACP Image Awards, and the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award.
Bishop Jakes is also the author of New York Times bestsellers "Making Great Decisions" and "Reposition Yourself."
He lives in Dallas, Texas with his wife, five children, and two grandchildren.
T.D. Jakes will join "CBS This Morning" on Monday, January 28, 2013. Be sure to tune in for his discussion with Charlie Rose, Gayle King, and Norah O'Donnell, on how conflict resolution and learning to incorporate forgiveness into daily life.
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- THE DISH: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Second Cup Cafe: Amy Grant
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Group: Small SUV study highlights safety flaws
- Watch: Military Dad's emotional homecoming at home plate
- Predicting weather: National Weather Service gets a boost
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Second Cup Cafe: Amy Grant sings "Our Time Is Now"
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed