Ben Affleck to discuss directing gigs and his new movie on "CTM"
Ben Affleck in "Argo." (Keith Bernstein/Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.)
Actor, director and Oscar-winning writer Ben Affleck will be live on "CBS This Morning" Tuesday to discuss his latest movie, "Argo," due in U.S. October 12.
Affleck both directs and stars in "Argo," a film about the the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis and the real-life covert operation to rescue six Americans who fled the U.S. Embassy in Tehran shortly before 52 of their colleagues were taken hostage. The film is based on the stunning, previously top secret rescue effort to help them out of the country.
Check out pictures from the "Argo" premiere and be sure to tune in Tuesday to "CBS This Morning" 7-9 a.m. ET for Affleck's full interview.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Geist: Parkinson's revelation "very difficult"
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Predicting weather: National Weather Service gets a boost
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song