Arnold Schwarzenegger on affair: "Stupidest thing I've done"
(CBS News) Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to release a new memoir, which includes a detailed account of his affair with the family's housekeeper.
Speaking out for the first time since the affair and the end of his marriage to Maria Shriver, Schwarzenegger spoke with with "60 Minutes'" Lesley Stahl in an interview that will air Sunday, Sept. 30.
Referencing the betrayal and his lies to Shriver over the course of a full decade, Schwarzenegger admitted, "I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the whole relationship. It was terrible. It inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and unbelievable pain on the kids."
For more of Stahl's in-depth interview with the former governor, be sure to watch 60 Minutes, Sunday, Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT.
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Fluffy cows go viral
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Top mobile devices, according to Consumer Reports
- Consumer Reports reveals rankings for mobile devices
- Fodor's reveals best summer weekend getaways
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Mobster opens up on coming forward about Jimmy Hoffa
- Barbra Streisand speaks out on treatment of women in Israel
- Mad Libs keep people laughing after six decades
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- New England Patriots player questioned in possible murder investigation
- Naval Academy student speaks out on alleged rape