"Vegas" star Michael Chiklis on "CTM" Fri.
Actor Michael Chiklis arrives at CBS 2012 fall premiere party held at Greystone Manor Supperclub on September 18, 2012 in West Hollywood, Calif. (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
(CBS News) An interview with Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor Michael Chiklis will air on "CBS This Morning" Friday.
Chiklis, known for playing police officer roles on TV shows like "The Shield" and "The Commish," will go on the other side of the law in the CBS drama "Vegas." Chiklis plays a fictional Chicago mobster named Vincent Savino, the foil to Dennis Quaid's character, Ralph Lamb, a rodeo cowboy-turned-Vegas sheriff. Set in the 1960s, the story is based on the true story of Lamb's life. Chiklis' character is fictional.
"Vegas" premieres Tuesday, September 25 on CBS, 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Be sure to tune in to "CBS This Morning" Friday, 7-9 a.m. ET for Chiklis' full interview.
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- BASE jumper rides snowmobile off cliff to honor dead friend
- Schieffer: You can't just declare war on terror over
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Liberace talks his style in 1985 "Nightwatch" interview
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Former POWs reunite after 40 years
- London attack novel in its simple brutality
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Fiery collapse of railroad trestle
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Tornado survivor, dog receive outpouring of support