Preview: Michael Bloomberg on "CTM"
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
(CBS News) New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will appear on "CBS This Morning" Wednesday.
The billionaire mayor has been in the headlines as of late for a number of controversial issues.
His controversial public health initiatives have garnered some of the most attention. Bloomberg has put forth a plan to ban the sale of sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces from the city's eateries, street carts and stadiums. The proposal has been sharply criticized, in some cases by beverage and fast food companies as a case of government overreach. He's also been criticized for previous efforts to, among other things, ban smoking in public places and the use of trans-fats in restaurant foods.
Bloomberg has also made headlines recently for endorsing high-volume hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, a highly controversial gas extraction method that many celebrities - including Yoko Ono and John Lennon's son - have condemned.
Be sure to tune in to "CBS This Morning," Wednesday, 7-9 a.m. ET for his full interview.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Geist: Parkinson's revelation "very difficult"
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Predicting weather: National Weather Service gets a boost
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating