Preview: Jeremy Irons on "CTM"
LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 04: Actor Jeremy Irons arrives at the premiere of CBS Films' 'The Words' at the Arclight Theatre on September 4, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. (Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
(CBS) Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons, known best perhaps for his gravelly voice and complex character portrayals, will appear on "CBS This Morning" Friday.
Irons is currently starring in the Showtime series "The Borgias." He plays Pope Alexander VI, a pope who, among other things, had 12 children and complete Vatican control in Rome in the 1490s.
Irons has appeared in some of Hollywood's most beloved films, including "The Lion King," "Dead Ringers," "Margin Call," "Lolita" and "The Man in the Iron Mask."
Be sure to tune in to "CBS This Morning" Friday, 7-9 a.m. ET for his full interview.
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Jimmy Hoffa grave found?
- Colo. wildfire arson? How investigators will track down blaze origins
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Hitman John Martorano "highly credible" in Bulger trial, expert says
- Obama: I don't have a problem with NSA surveillance
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- Driverless boat circles after passengers tossed in wave
- Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Did Putin steal a Super Bowl ring?
- Evelyn Stevens: Wall Street cubicle-dweller turned pro cyclist
- Worst Colo. wildfire in history: Is it arson?
- Hitman Martorano "ice cold" at Bulger trial
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Spurs bring back 11-year-old singer after racist tweets