Scott Pelley talks about "astounding transformation" behind SEAL interview
(CBS News) In an interview that will air on "60 Minutes," Sunday Sept. 9, CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley spoke with the retired Navy SEAL behind a new account of the Osama bin Laden raid about his forthcoming book detailing his involvement in the SEAL Team 6 mission.
The SEAL uses the pseudonym Mark Owen, and sat down with Pelley under heavy disguise to discuss the mission.
Thursday morning, Pelley joined "CBS This Morning" co-hosts, Charlie Rose and Norah O'Donnell to share details from behind the scenes of the interview. Pelley touched on the Hollywood makeup techniques used to heavily disguise Owen and called it an "astounding transformation." Pelley also shared new details about Owen's motivation to write the book and do the interview, and revealed new truths about the logistics of killing bin Laden.
To hear Pelley's exclusive details, watch the video above and be sure to tune in to "60 Minutes," Sunday Sept. 9 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Watch: Military Dad's emotional homecoming at home plate
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- It's OK to be "pissed at God," reverend says
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Pres. asks Marines to break military umbrella rule
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Can Obama administration move beyond scandals?
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- "48 Hours" unravels the lies of Jodi Arias
- Immigration reform: Lawmakers say tentative deal reached
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- East Coast preps for cicada invasion
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"