Fri. preview: Spike Lee on "CTM"
Spike Lee (Elsa/Getty Images)
(CBS News) Director Spike Lee will be live in the "CBS This Morning" studio Friday to discuss his new film, "Red Hook Summer" about a middle-class boy from Atlanta who finds his worldview changed as he spends the summer with his deeply religious grandfather in the housing projects of Red Hook, Brooklyn. The film opens in New York on August 10 and nationwide on August 24th.
Lee is also directing Mike Tyson's Broadway debut, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth."Mike Tyson talks Broadway show Twitter threats
For more on Lee's career and his full interview, watch "CTM" on Friday, 7-9 a.m. ET.
- British soldier savagely killed in London machete attack
- How tornado survivor Barbara Garcia, rescued dog Bowser are faring
- Miller on London attack: "We've never seen anything like this"
- THE Dish: Chef Sara Moulton's DET burgers
- Video shows London suspects with radical preacher
- Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration
- Wayne Brady on Bill Maher: Black man comment "pissed me off"
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women of 2013 list released
- Former POWs reunite after 40 years
- BASE jumper rides snowmobile off cliff to honor dead friend
- Woman tried to "talk down" suspects in UK slaying
- Schieffer: You can't just declare war on terror over
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- London attack novel in its simple brutality
- Tornado survivor, dog receive outpouring of support
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit