Fortune editor on pregnant Yahoo CEO scoop
(CBS News) Marissa Mayer, Yahoo's new CEO, broke the news of her pregnancy to Fortune Magazine editor-at-large Patricia Sellers.
Appearing on "CBS This Morning" Wednedsay Sellers said she was shocked at the pregnancy news. "She was so calm about it. It was amazing. She told me that this has been a very easy pregnancy - her first."
Mayer took over as Yahoo's CEO on Tuesday after spending more than a decade at Google.Watch: New Yahoo CEO: I'm pregnant
Sellers lauded the move and said both sides stepped up to the plate. "Marissa Mayer, who has been a role model, is now a new kind of role model for young women."
Sellers said Mayer's pregnancy was not an issue to either Mayer or the Yahoo board. "Of course they thought about it. Of course they thought about it," Sellers said. "They embraced the idea that they're going to hire what is now the youngest person to run a Fortune 500 company."
"We need more Marissa Mayers, who are embracing their full lives and going for the big job," Sellers said.
(See more from Sellers in the video player above.)
- Obesity's new classification may open up treatment options
- Fluffy cows go viral
- Top mobile devices, according to Consumer Reports
- Don't take vitamins, doctor warns in new book
- Consumer Reports reveals rankings for mobile devices
- Fodor's reveals best summer weekend getaways
- Customs officers get high-tech to prevent car theft
- Watch: Careless baggage handler tosses boxes on conveyor belt
- Barbra Streisand speaks out on treatment of women in Israel
- Mobster opens up on coming forward about Jimmy Hoffa
- Doctor: Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison"
- Mad Libs keep people laughing after six decades
- State Dept. memo reveals possibly extensive cover-ups
- Sharyl Attkisson on computer hacking: "I'm outraged"
- New England Patriots player questioned in possible murder investigation
- Naval Academy student speaks out on alleged rape